One of the most important components in your garage is the door. Apart from providing security, garage doors Grand Rapids can also make a design statement for the entire property.
Before you decide to give your current garage door a facelift or buy a new one, you need to start by determining the size, shape, and style of the garage opening. This will assist you in determining the amount of drive through width that you will need so that you don’t find yourself compromising on the stilted garage entry. The market basically has five types of garage doors that all manufacturers use in the design process. These include the side hinge, sectional, canopy style, and retractable garage doors. Choose one depending on the amount of space that you have and the overall design of your home.
1. Retractable Garage DoorsThese garage doors Grand Rapids swing up, outwards, and back in your garages’ ceiling. The pivot point of retractable garage doors is situated at the tip and hence you cannot park the vehicle too close to it. Always make sure that your driveway has enough room. The installation process of these doors is quite simple and you ca automate them with an ideal electric opener very easily. These garage doors Grand Rapids are fitted with four latches and hence give maximum security to your garage door. You can find them on Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP), ABS, steel, and timber. However, this door reduces your drive through width because of spring assemblies.
2. Canopy DoorsCanopy doors swing outwards as they open and slide upwards in the garage ceiling. This ends up leaving one third of the garage door outside. The security of canopy garage doors is improved because the pivot point is situated on the lower section of the door. It is easy to install these doors and you don’t require any tracks in the garage because the whole room mounts on the garage door frame. You will get canopy garage doors Grand Rapids in GRP, steel ABS, and timber. The door provides an excellent drive-through width.
3. Sectional DoorsSectional doors contain several separate panels that are horizontally hinged. These doors fit to the rear surface of the garage brickwork. The doors rises up vertically when you open it and then backwards into the ceiling space. Sectional garage doors Grand Rapids provide a higher level of protection against weather and security. Most of then are insulated and manufactured from the steel material. Complete Garage Doors LLC professionals can assemble most of the sectional doors within four hours because they come in the form of a kit.
4. Roller DoorsThis design rolls upwards in the garage ceiling like a single curtain. You always fit them to the rear surface of the front brick work of the garage. They roll upwards vertically as the name suggests. These garage doors Grand Rapids come with very high levels of protection and security. Roller doors are basically manufactured in steel and aluminum and you will get some of them already insulated. Its easy to insulate these doors even though allowing professionals like www.completegaragedoormi.com/ to handle the insulation task will guarantee you a quite and smooth operation.
5. Side Hinge DoorsSide hinge garage doors Grand Rapids come in GRP, timber, and steel. The doors look very traditional as they open outwards. You need to balance these doors appropriately as you open them. You can enhance their security by using bolts at the bottom and top section of the door. Make sure you check on the durability, security, and quality of the garage doors Grand Rapids before you make your purchase.